Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Photo Swoon – Draped in Silk

Vintage Kimono #vintage #kimono #japanese

You may have noticed that my Friday Photo Swoons tend to foreshadow the following Sunday Snag. Last Friday, I featured vintage lace and lo and behold, my Sunday Snag that week was a vintage lace dress.  One Friday a couple of weeks ago I featured swing dancers and that Sunday I shared my swing dress with you! Soooo...this Friday, the kimono. What could Sunday be???? YES!!! You guessed it!! Can't wait to show you!!  

Betty Compson #1920s #kimono #fashion
Edwardian Lady in Kimono #edwardian #fashion #kimono #1910s
1945 ~ Japanese Geishas #1940s #kimono #geisha #japan #fashion
Evelyn Nesbit #kimono #vintage #1910s #fashion
Victorian/Edwardian Kimono #antique #fashion #1900s #1910s #kimono
1910s/1920s Kimono #vintage #kimono #fashion #japanese #1920s

Last Week's Friday Photo Swoon:
Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. The fourth photo... Just love it so much!

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Jamie!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely weekend Jamie - looking forward to your Sunday snag.

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos. I love those turn of the century kimono shoots. Evelyn Nesbit posed for a few
    Urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos! Just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty- can't wait to see your Sunday snag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These images are enchantingly beautiful. I've always been fascinated by photos of the far east set in decades past. There's an ornamental Japanese garden here in Penticton and one of these days I'm going to do a photo shoot there in a nod to that interest (and because it's such a gorgeous setting).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete